For the Big C Beauty fair campaign, Starseed created an original storytelling, modernizing the Vietnamese folklore. Here is how.
About Big C and the Beauty fair
- Big C Supercenter is a part of Central Retail Thailand group. It is one of the largest hypermarkets in Vietnam, with a total of 37 stores across Vietnam.
- Beauty Fair is a campaign of Big C focusing on beauty products only. There are currently 4 Beauty Fair campaigns in 1 year. Each campaign will have different themes and messages.
Create a unique campaign for the Big C Beauty fair in order to attract new users.
The campaign needed to be related to the theme of the October Beauty Fair, which was about self-created happiness and daring to try new things. The audience is invited to put away the barriers that prevent them from living their lives and shine in their own way.
- Build the character Nở – a character in the Vietnamese folk who needed to be modernized. This is a popular character in Viet Nam. She was known as an ugly girl in the traditional version but for the modern story, we created a girl who dares to put aside barriers and try new things to make herself become happy and beautiful from both inside and outside.
- Create storytelling for her with a journey of how to become beautiful both inside and outside.
- Promote the Beauty Fair products with the mascot.
- Create posts communicating mainly on Big C Facebook fan page and adapt some comic post to Big C Instagram account.
- Teasing phase: Tease fans about a familiar character in Vietnamese folk who will accompany with Beauty Fair October.
- Launching phase: Nở revealed herself and started to share the tips of her beauty journey with the support of Big C Beauty Fair
Engagement Rate: 9.22%
Average engaged users: 6,725
Average reach per post: 72,929
Average engagement per post: 6,470
Focusing on a strong content marketing strategy will give you impressive results. Here is how we did for Belgo on social media.
Belgo is a Belgian craft beer brand based in Ho Chi Minh City. Their beer is distributed in more than 200 venues in Vietnam and they have and 2 gastropubs in District 1 and District 3.
- Increase brand awareness and engagement through social media
- Create a powerful communication campaign to embody Belgo’s DNA: classy with a Belgian twist
- Stand out from Belgo’s competitors with a unique value proposition
Starseed suggested to create a unique character who embodies Belgo’s DNA: Leo the Belgian, the new Chief Inspiration Officer of Belgo. He is bold, fun, classy and his lion head is a reference to Belgo’s logo.
By developing his story-telling and his relation to Belgo, Starseed created a unique long-term campaign in order to promote the brand and its products in an original way.
- Look: working style and casual style
- Personality: classy, cool, funny, smart…
- Tastes: clothes, food, beer, music…
- Storytelling: where does he come from? What is he doing? What is his goal?…
Video & photo
- 1 video to introduce Leo’s arrival at Belgo
- #Getwild video series
- Leo’s personal life video series
- Photo shooting: Leo’s life at Belgo, his hobbies, his daily life…
Introduction video – Leo’s arrival at Belgo
🍺 Uh, oh… It seems that we have a new member at Belgo, and this one is in to shake things up! Stay tuned 😉
- Creation of Leo’s personal Facebook and Instagram pages to create an influencer profile.
- Creation of a social media strategy for Belgo, featuring Leo: for new products, a new pub opening, educational posts about beer and also posts just for fun
- Thanks to Leo’s creation, Belgo doubled the engagement rate on Facebook posts:
- 8% of engagement rate for Facebook posts featuring Leo
- 4% of engagement rate for other Facebook posts
- The Facebook page like campaign is performing much better thanks to the videos featuring Leo:
- The cost per page like decreased by 40%
- Belgo is now recognized as an innovative brand in terms of marketing.