For the Big C Beauty fair campaign, Starseed created an original storytelling, modernizing the Vietnamese folklore. Here is how.
About Big C and the Beauty fair
- Big C Supercenter is a part of Central Retail Thailand group. It is one of the largest hypermarkets in Vietnam, with a total of 37 stores across Vietnam.
- Beauty Fair is a campaign of Big C focusing on beauty products only. There are currently 4 Beauty Fair campaigns in 1 year. Each campaign will have different themes and messages.
Create a unique campaign for the Big C Beauty fair in order to attract new users.
The campaign needed to be related to the theme of the October Beauty Fair, which was about self-created happiness and daring to try new things. The audience is invited to put away the barriers that prevent them from living their lives and shine in their own way.
- Build the character Nở – a character in the Vietnamese folk who needed to be modernized. This is a popular character in Viet Nam. She was known as an ugly girl in the traditional version but for the modern story, we created a girl who dares to put aside barriers and try new things to make herself become happy and beautiful from both inside and outside.
- Create storytelling for her with a journey of how to become beautiful both inside and outside.
- Promote the Beauty Fair products with the mascot.
- Create posts communicating mainly on Big C Facebook fan page and adapt some comic post to Big C Instagram account.
- Teasing phase: Tease fans about a familiar character in Vietnamese folk who will accompany with Beauty Fair October.
- Launching phase: Nở revealed herself and started to share the tips of her beauty journey with the support of Big C Beauty Fair
Engagement Rate: 9.22%
Average engaged users: 6,725
Average reach per post: 72,929
Average engagement per post: 6,470